EC World REIT – Annual General Meeting FY2020
EC World Asset Management Pte Ltd, as Manager (the "Manager") of EC World REIT, wishes to inform Unitholders that the Annual General Meeting for FY2020 will be convened and held by way of electronic means on Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 10.00 a.m. (Singapore time).
Participation in the AGM of EC World REIT ("the AGM") via "live" webcast or "live" audio feed
- As the AGM will be held by way of electronic means, Unitholders will NOT be able to attend the AGM in person. All Unitholders or their corporate representatives (in the case of Unitholders which are legal entities) will be able to participate in the AGM proceedings by accessing a "live" webcast or listening to a "live" audio feed.
To do so, Unitholders are required to pre-register their participation in the AGM ("Pre-registration") at this link below by 10.00 a.m. on 17 April 2021 ("Registration Deadline") for verification of their status as Unitholders (or the corporate representatives of such Unitholders).
- Upon successful verification, each such Unitholder or its corporate representative will receive an email by 2 p.m. on 19 April 2021. The email will contain instructions to access the "live" webcast or "live" audio feed of the AGM proceedings. Unitholders or their corporate representatives must not forward the email to other persons who are not Unitholders and who are not entitled to participate in the AGM proceedings. Unitholders or their corporate representatives who have pre-registered by the Registration Deadline in accordance with paragraph 1 above but do not receive an email by 2 p.m. on 19 April 2021 may contact the Unit Registrar for assistance at 6536 5355.
Register for Webcast
Voting by proxy
- Unitholders may only exercise their voting rights at the AGM via proxy voting (see paragraphs 4 to 6 below).
- Unitholders who wish to vote on any or all of the resolutions at the AGM must appoint the Chairman of the Meeting as their proxy to do so on their behalf, indicating how the Unitholder wished to vote for or vote against or abstain from voting on each resolution.
- The duly executed proxy form must be deposited at the office of the Unit Registrar's Office at Boardroom Corporate & Advisory Services Pte. Ltd. at 50 Raffles Place, #32-01, Singapore Land Tower, Singapore 048623 or sent by email to email@example.com not less than 72 hours before the time appointed for the holding of the AGM.
- CPF or SRS investors who wish to vote should approach their respective CPF Agent Banks or SRS Operators to submit their votes at least seven (7) working days before the AGM (i.e. by 10:00 a.m. on 9 April 2021) in order to allow sufficient time for their respective relevant intermediaries to in turn submit a proxy form to appoint the Chairman of the AGM to vote on their behalf by the cut-off date.
- Please note that Unitholders will not be able to vote through the "live" webcast and can only vote with their proxy forms which are required to be submitted in accordance with the foregoing paragraphs.
Submission of questions prior to the AGM
- Unitholders may submit questions related to the resolutions to be tabled at the AGM during Pre-registration via the AGM Registration and Q&A Link so that they may be addressed before or during the AGM proceedings. All questions must be submitted by 10.00 a.m on 13 April 2021.
- The Manager shall only address relevant and substantial questions (as may be determined by the Manager in its sole discretion) received in advance of the AGM either before or during the AGM. The Manager will publish the minutes of the AGM on SGXNET and the Manager's website within one month after the date of AGM.
- Please note that Unitholders will not be able to ask questions at the AGM "live" during the webcast and the audio feed, and therefore it is important for Unitholders to pre-register their participation in order to be able to submit their questions in advance of the AGM.
- Due to the constantly evolving COVID-19 situation, the Manager of EC World REIT may be required to change its AGM arrangements at short notice. Unitholders are advised to regularly check the Manager's website or announcements released on SGXNET for updates on the AGM. Further, in light of the current COVID-19 measures, which may make it difficult for Unitholders to submit completed proxy forms by post, Unitholders are strongly encouraged to submit completed proxy forms electronically via email.